DELTA (TILBURY) OFF-DOCK CONTAINER DEPOT
The primary business focus of this terminal is the storage of empty containers and the staging of laden reefer containers for relay to/from Port of Vancouver’s container terminals and importers / exporters premises. Its features include:
- 11 acre Canada Customs Sufferance Bonded container terminal fully paved, secured and fenced with capacity to handle in excess of 6000 TEU.
- High intensity lighting towers to enhance safety and security and to permit 24/7 operations to be performed to meet customer service needs.
- Fully monitored with closed-circuit TV (CCTV) cameras and is manned 24/7 with on-site security guards and controlled gate access / egress.
- Fifty (50) plus reefer plugs to accommodate both laden reefer containers and comprehensive facilities to perform reefer container pre-tripping services.
- Designated areas to clean, repair and prep containers for the carriage of bulk cargoes and other fittings needed for the carriage of specialized cargoes.
- Comprehensive computerized container inventory control and interchange systems, including electronic (EDI) transaction updates. Inspection and container control processes conform to the protocols established by The Uniform Intermodal Interchange and Facilities Access Agreement (UIIA) and IICL inspection standards.
- A modern fleet of container handling equipment is deployed (top-lifters and empty stackers) to handle laden and empty containers capable of stacking empty containers seven (7) tiers high, plus yard hustlers and handling equipment to accommodate the unique container handling requirements of customers.
A modern fleet of over 100 trucks dedicated to providing 24/7 intermodal container transport services between Port Metro Vancouver container terminals, Railheads and customers’ premises, or via Harbour Link's container terminals to facilitate the supply chain requirements of customers.
A modern fleet of more than 350 chassis and specialized rolling stock and handling equipment to accommodate the unique container transport and handling requirements of customers.
The Company adheres to strict truck/chassis safety inspection protocols and driver health and safety programs to foster full compliance with NSC and US DOT regulatory standards and is known for its leadership of “best industry practices” to achieve optimal safe truck transport, driver safety, and a reduced environmental carbon footprint.