Yard Coordinator POSTED January 2019
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits plan that is company funded
- Generous RRSP funded by the company
- Opportunities for advancement
- Company events that support our family culture
We have an exciting opportunity for a Yard Control Coordinator to join our Yard Operations team, reporting to the Manager of Container Yard Operations. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
- Conducting inspections of chassis coming into the container yard
- Driving shunt truck through tight spaces
- Coordinating equipment parking with drivers
- Overseeing chassis entering and leaving the container yard
- Maintaining cleanliness of yard
- Experience backing up and steering commercial trailers in a limited space environment
- Air Brake endorsement required
- Class 1 license would be an asset but is not a requirement
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
- Copy of driver’s abstract required at time of application
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Previous customer service experience would be an asset
- Fork lift experience would be an asset
- Dangerous Goods training
Full – time Monday to Friday from 11:00 am to 7:30 pm, can change based on operational needs
8694 Rive Road, DELTA
ABOUT HARBOUR LINK CONTAINER SERVICES INC.
With a history spanning more than 25 years, located in Delta, BC, Harbour Link Container Services Inc. is a family owned and operated company with a strong reputation for customer service, reliability and delivering seamless container transport, container storage and handling services. Harbour Link is an equal opportunity employer and a leading provider of drayage and off dock services at the Vancouver Gateway to the import/export container shipping community.
If you are looking to build a career in transportation and logistics, please email your resume with “ Yard Coordinator” in the subject line to email@example.com. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls or faxes please.