09 Apr Container Equipment Operator
WHAT WE OFFER
• Competitive salary
• Comprehensive benefits plan that is company funded
• Generous RRSP funded by the company
• Opportunities for advancement
• Company events that support our family culture
We have an exciting opportunity for a Container Equipment Operator to join our Yard Operations team, reporting to the Manager of Container Yard Operations. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter able to work with minimal supervision.
• Safely operate container handling equipment
• Assemble, stack, unstack, reposition, and transfer containers on/off chassis
• Handle various types of heavy equipment in any Class between 1 and 7
• Complete various reports as are required or requested and to submit them in a timely manner to meet required deadlines
• Perform computer related tasks related to the operations of the container yard as requested by your supervisor
• Follow and enforce all safety rules established by the company for the workplace
• Experience backing up and steering commercial trailers in a limited space environment
• Air Brake endorsement required
• Class 1 license would be an asset but is not a requirement
• Ability to lift up to 50 lbs
• Copy of driver’s abstract required at time of application
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Previous customer service experience would be an asset
• Forklift experience would be an asset
• Dangerous Goods training
Full – time Monday to Friday on shift rotation , can change based on operational needs
7420 Hopcott Road, DELTA
ABOUT HARBOUR LINK CONTAINER SERVICES INC.
With a history spanning more than 25 years, located in Delta, BC, Harbour Link Container Services Inc. is a family owned and operated company with a strong reputation for customer service, reliability and delivering seamless container transport, container storage and handling services. Harbour Link is an equal opportunity employer and a leading provider of drayage and off dock services at the Vancouver Gateway to the import/export container shipping community.
If you are looking to build a career in logistics, Please fill out the ‘Other Job Application Form’ and upload your resume or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Container Equipment Operator” in the subject line.
No phone calls or faxes please.