01 Nov Superintendent
We have an exciting opportunity for a Superintendent to join our Tidewater team, reporting to the Operations Manager. The successful candidate must be an enthusiastic and motivated self-starter, able to work with minimal supervision.
Performing a full range of warehouse functions related to the movement and handling of all forms of cargo and other goods associated with trans-loading, warehousing and the examination of containerized cargo. Primary focus of this position is the Day-to-Day management of the Warehouse operations, Yard, and surrounding areas. More importantly, the successful candidate will be required to maximize the warehouse productivity and ensure the integrity of the cargo at all times.
- To provide leadership and supervise the workforce in a manner to ensure a seamless and efficient workflow that optimizes productivity and results in a high quality of work performance to meet and exceed company and customer expectations.
- To carry out all activities in a manner that promotes Safety for all Tidewater employees, contractors and guests.
- To support the Commercial customers of Tidewater to the level they expect with professionalism and a positive proactive approach to service.
- To ensure customer product orders are accurately organized and stagged for delivery.
- To cross train the Warehouse Associates (warehouse staff) and collaborate with other departments to achieve seamless communication to maximize the fluidity in all aspects of the company operations.
- To maintain proper accurate Monthly Warehouse Inventory.
- To address employee’s issues and concerns in a timely cooperative manner to foster effective employee relations and reduce non-productive time.
- To control and manage Warehouse Associate’s overtime, premium freight and repair expenses.
- To encourage leadership, self-motivation and training of Warehouse Associates to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Maintain the required job results by coaching, counseling, disciplining, planning, monitoring and appraising Warehouse Associate job performance.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and multitask
- Strong communication skills and diplomacy
- Previous customer service experience would be an asset
- Previous Superintendent experience or equivalent
- Forklift experience would be an asset
- Physically fit and healthy in order to demonstrate lifting and handling techniques to Warehouse Associates
- Labour relations experience
- The successful candidate must pass the CBSA Security Background Clearance
Full – time Monday to Friday 2 pm to 11 pm
2929 41B Street Delta
How to Apply
If you are looking to build a career in logistics and join one of the fastest growing and high-profile local transportation and cargo handling companies in Western Canada, we would like to hear from you, please apply online.
Tidewater wishes to thank all applicants; however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The above statements are intended to provide a general guideline of activities, duties and responsibilities required of warehouse associate. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Tidewater is an equal opportunity employer.